The guideline length is 4000 – 4500 words, the challenge being to sift and present relevant information concisely.
Criteria for Assessment – Questions
- Environmental scanning
- Start by providing a brief SWOT of the business.
- Draw upon environmental scanning tools considered in class, and your knowledge substantiated through the visit/seminar and your data collection to appraise the operating environment in which the hotel operates
- Complete an 8-force (Porter’s Five Force, plus market size, market growth, and regulation) analysis of the Aberdeen city accommodation industry.
- Identify the strategic options open to the Atholl Hotel.
- Based on your “options” from Q.2, and looking to the future, provide your recommendation on which option to follow, with full justification.
- Devise a mission statement for the hotel.