Article choice is very important, therefore:
- Articles used for this assignment cannot be used for the other assignments. The selected articles should be original research studies. Review articles, concept analysis, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, integrative review, and systemic review articles should not be used.
- Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
There are two parts to this assignment.
Part 1: Complete a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist
- Select one each: qualitative and quantitative research articles.
- Create a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist for the two research articles (one column per article).
- Complete with brief, concise, summarized information.
Part II: Write a summary (one- to two- pages)
- Identify differences between quantitative and qualitative designs and research methods.
- Use current APA Style for your summary paper and to cite your sources.
- Submit the checklist and summary.