The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on the weekly concepts learned in the course.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Examine roles and competencies of advanced practice nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care (CO1)
- Apply concepts of person-centered care to nursing practice situations. (CO2)
- Analyze essential skills needed to lead within the context of complex systems. (CO3)
- Explore the process of scholarship engagement to improve health and healthcare outcomes in various settings (CO4)
Reflection: write 1-2 paragraphs reflecting on your learning for the week. Guiding questions are provided or you may write about what you felt was most significant to you for the week.
Some possible areas to explore:
- In your experience, how have changes in healthcare affected nurses’ ability to provide person-centered, holistic care?
- As you think ahead to your future practice as an NP, which of the concepts covered this week resonates most with you? Why?
- How do you anticipate that the concept of cultural humility will affect your practice?