- Review the Resources and identify one change that you believe is called for in your organization/workplace.
- This may be a change necessary to effectively address one or more of the issues you addressed in the Workplace Environment Assessment you submitted in Module 4. It may also be a change in response to something not addressed in your previous efforts. It may be beneficial to discuss your ideas with your organizational leadership and/or colleagues to help identify and vet these ideas.
- Reflect on how you might implement this change and how you might communicate this change to organizational leadership.
The Assignment (5-6-minute narrated PowerPoint presentation):
Change Implementation and Management Plan
Create a narrated PowerPoint presentation of 5 or 6 slides with video that presents a comprehensive plan to implement the change you propose.
Your narrated presentation should be 5–6 minutes in length.
Your Change Implementation and Management Plan should include the following:
- An executive summary of the issues that are currently affecting your organization/workplace (This can include the work you completed in your Workplace Environment Assessment previously submitted, if relevant.)
- A description of the change being proposed
- Justifications for the change, including why addressing it will have a positive impact on your organization/workplace
- Details about the type and scope of the proposed change
- Identification of the stakeholders impacted by the change
- Identification of a change management team (by title/role)
- A plan for communicating the change you propose
- A description of risk mitigation plans you would recommend to address the risks anticipated by the change you propose
Marshall, E., & Broome, M. (2017). Transformational leadership in nursing: From expert clinician to influential leader (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
Chapter 8, “Practice Model Design, Implementation, and Evaluation” (pp. 195–246)
Cullen, L., & Adams, S. L. (2012). Planning for implementation of evidence-based practice. Journal of Nursing Administration, 42(4), 222–230. Retrieved from https://medcom.uiowa.edu/annsblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/JONA-FINAL-Cullen-2012.pdf
Pollack, J., & Pollack, R. (2015). Using Kotter’s eight stage process to manage an organizational change program: Presentation and practice. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 28(1), 51-66.
Seijts, G. H., & Gandz, J. (2016). Transformational change and leader character. Business Horizons, 61(2), 239-249. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2017.11.005
Tistad, M., Palmcrantz, S., Wallin, L., Ehrenberg, A., Olsson, C. B., Tomson, G., …Eldh, A. C. (2016). Developing leadership in managers to facilitate the implementation of national guideline recommendations: A process evaluation of feasibility and usefulness. International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 5(8), 477–486. doi:10.15171/ijhpm.2016.35. Retrieved from http://www.ijhpm.com/article_3183_5015382bcf9183a74ef7e79b0a941f65.pdf