QUESTIONS TO BE CONSIDERED
Questions to consider:
1. Analyze the case and determine the factors that have made KFC a successful global business. 2. Why are cultural factors so important to KFC’s sales success in India and China?
3. Spot the cultural factors in India that go against KFC’s original recipe.
4. Why did Kentucky Fried Chicken change its name to KFC?
5. What PESTEL factors contributed to KFC’s positioning?
6. How does the SWOT analysis of KFC affect the future of KFC?
CASE STUDY GUIDELINES
Abstract (75-100 words):
on separate page
Overview of the organization
Identify the type of business organization and strategies
Key players (people in power)
Body–Label headings according to subject/content:
Discuss Porter’s 5 Forces:
Organizational Structure (centralized; decentralized; matrix)
Organizational Strategy (low cost; differentiation; etc.)
Identify problems, issues, variables, and relationships related to the case
Discuss problems and List symptoms
Isolate critical issues
Conduct PESTEL analysis
Conduct SWOT analysis and discuss the components
Threats (Listing the SWOT components in a table makes a good visual.)
Discuss solutions and alternative solutions
Discuss Christian and ethical repercussions within the context of the case
Offer a plan for implementation
Determine measurements for effectiveness and efficiency
l. Compleæd in word application, typed, double spaced, on standard süc paper with margins of one iuch on all sides. Comolies fi:lly with the assigrureut. (10 poinrs)
2. Ruuing hoad and page number ia upper right-haod comer with five spaces botween runaing head ard page number. Complies firlly with the assignmenr (I0 poins)
3. On separate page, the word “Abstract,’ cente¡ed oD paper followed by 75-100 word overvieu Comolies fully with rhe assignnent. ( 10 points)
4. Major headiags oentered on page. Every word capiblized excspt articles, short prepositions, and coordinating conjuactions. Complies fully with rhe assiFment. (5 points)
5. Visuals labeled with a¡ A¡abic nume¡al a¡d include title on separate lines above the visual flush left. Sou¡co provided below the øble flush left. Complies firlly with the assiFrtrent. (5 poiats) 6. References on sqlarate (last) page, title conteröd one inch from top, double spaced, and alphabetized by last name ofautho¡s. If author is unkrow¡, alphabotize by first word of tbe tide (excluding A, An, The). References properly used in the text and on roference page. Complies firlly with the assignment
Content full fill
1. Provides oompelling supporting a¡guments, ovideace, ald exanplos presented in the case study. (10 points) 2. Is free oferro¡s in gramrnar, punctuation, word choioe, spellhg and format. (15 points) Include hart, table, or map to illusûate something in the pape¡. (10 poi¡rs) 4. Recognize an ethical issue from the case study or Êom ¡ese¿¡ch ofthe company. Evalu¿te this issue &om a Christiar point of view. Coraplies fi.rlly with tåe assignmenl (5 poi¡ts) 5. The introduotio¡, body and conclusion ofthe paper a¡e sound. ( l0 poiats)