- Provide a historical overview of the facts of the Branch Davidian Standoff.
- Analyze the factor of police negotiation during the siege.
- Explain how non-law-enforcement personnel (e.g., compound residents, media) impacted the efforts of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to end the siege.
- Discuss how, in retrospect, the siege could have been handled differently by the FBI and ATF agencies to produce a different result.
- Imagine if a similar incident took place today. Discuss how changing police styles enables law enforcement to adapt to changes in society.
You must use at least three credible sources to support your case study, two of which must be from the CSU Online Library. All sources used must be properly cited. Your case study should present an insightful and thorough analysis, contain a strong argument and evidence, and show correlation to concepts learned in this unit.
Your case study must be a minimum of three pages in length, not counting the title page and references page. Your case study, including all references, should be formatted in APA Style.