Annotated Bibliography Requirement – Need 7 resources
In support of your Group Research Assignment, you will be developing an Annotated Bibliography.
This assignment is one of several throughout your program that we use to help you to better understand the research process. One of the core competencies necessary to succeed in a graduate program is the ability to identify other research that pertains to your own. This means you’ll have to identify similar research, read the papers, and assimilate prior work into your own research. An annotated bibliography helps you develop and hone these research skills.
This annotated bibliography should specifically focus on literature related to the application of big data analytics (prescriptive, predictive, and descriptive) toward a define emerging technology. Each group will be assigned a different emerging technology for consideration. The resources you select must clearly align with the research topic. This is not expected to be a complete bibliography of every resource that you review in the process of your research. Rather, it should identify and discuss those resources that you found most influential in the development of your research paper.
You paper must be in correct APA format, use correct grammar, and will need to include at least seven (7) resources, ALL of which must:
1) Be current. Published within the last few years.
2) Be peer-reviewed.
3) Relate directly to your topic
For each annotation, your should provide;
1) the APA formatted reference entry.
2) analysis of the credibility of the resource.
3) assessment of the relevance of the resource to your research topic.
4) discussion of the information from the resource that will be used in your research paper.
5) consideration for how that information will be used in support of your research paper.
USE YOUR OWN WORDS!!!! DO NOT PLAGIARIZE!!!!
Remember that an annotation is not the same as an abstract. Abstracts are descriptive. Your annotations are to be evaluative and critical. Give me enough information for me to decide if I’m interested enough to read the paper, and also how you perceive the paper. Don’t go skimpy on these annotations, but DO NOT write too much here. Quality is far more important than quantity. This exercise is for each of you to demonstrate that you can identify, categorize, and digest multiple scholarly resources.
Every resource you choose must be peer-reviewed. That means the paper must have undergone a formal peer- review before being published in a journal or presented at a conference. You must ensure that your resources have undergone rigorous reviews. In most cases, you can find out the review process for a conference or journal by visiting the appropriate web site. Do not simply assume that a resource is peer-reviewed – check it out.
Here are a few URLs with additional information: (I strongly suggest that you look at these. Really.)
http://libguides.enc.edu/writing_basics/annotatedbib/apa <<<< Check out the “Rules! rules! rules!” section
Research Paper Requirement 1200 words
This paper must directly address the assigned topic from your group Annotated Bibliography assignment and contain all of the following elements;
- a title page.
- an introduction of the content of the paper.
- a brief review of the recent literature related to your topic.
- a brief analysis of the application of big data analytics toward your assigned technology.
- a conclusion that summarizes the content of your paper and discusses future research opportunities related to your topic.
- a reference page(s).
To complete this assignment, upload a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) that contains your complete paper. Remember that your paper, including your list of sources, must be in APA format, and you MUST cite your references in the body of the paper using APA in-text citation format. A source is any paper or article that you will reference in your paper. If you need more information on APA format (for references list AND in-text citations), visit this reference: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
This assignment must be YOUR OWN WORK! Plagiarism detected in your work will be addressed as discussed in the plagiarism section of the syllabus.
Here are a few details about the overall research paper Please look at the attached rubric for details on how the paper will be graded.
- Your paper must include both a Title page and a Reference page.
- Your paper should NOT include an abstract.
- Your paper must include a minimum of 7 peer-reviewed resources (articles or papers)
- Cited sources must directly support your paper (i.e. not incidental references)
- Your paper must be at least 1200 words in length (but NOT longer than 1500 words; Scholarly writing should be efficient and precise. Be clear in the information that you are conveying and with the evidence used to support it. Here is a good resource to help with writing concisely : https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/scholarlyvoice/writingconcisely)
- Title and reference pages are NOT included in calculating the paper length.
If you are not sure how to identify peer-reviewed papers or articles, please visit the following resources:
Powerpoint Presentation Requirement
This presentation will include;
- an introduction to the research topic. (1 Slide)
- discussion of each of the 7 sources from the annotated bibliography assignment. (7 Slides)
- APA Citation
- Information being used from the source
- How the source supports the research paper
- overview of the assigned technology (1 Slide)
- overview of how big data analytics impact the assigned technology. (1-2 Slides)
- opportunities for future research (1 Slide)
*The presentation must be prepared using the attached template.