Combating Juvenile Delinquency
In this assignment, you will recommend improvements to a juvenile delinquency prevention program.
Use the Internet or the Strayer University databases to research your community’s current efforts to deter or prevent juvenile delinquency through incarceration programs or other sanctions.
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you:
- Identify at least two juvenile delinquency reduction efforts or programs currently in operation in your community.
- Determine the main sociological theories that underlie these interventions that shape your community’s public policy for delinquency prevention.
- Propose one to two ideas that you believe would improve your community’s juvenile delinquency prevention efforts.
- Justify the response with examples that illustrate your ideas being used successfully in other communities.
- Use at least three quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.