(1)COMPUTER(2) COMPUTER ASSISEDNTEACHING IN K.12 SOCIAL STUDIES CLASSROOM
(3)COMPUTER PROGRAMMING FOR VIDEOS GAMES(4) WEB BASED AND MARKETING
n this ongoing research paper project, students will:
- Select and narrow an essay topic.
- Identify audience and purpose before beginning the process of writing an essay.
- Formulate a strong, effective thesis statement.
- Structure an essay using a strong beginning, middle, and end.
- Develop and organize the topic sentences, the supporting details and specific evidence that support the thesis and essay.
- Show appropriate development of the essay and the thesis using paragraphs that contain sentence variety and specific, coherent, relevant, and interesting details.
- Make good use of topic sentences, transitions, and concluding statements within the paragraphs, which better links paragraphs in the essay.
- Write an essay, approximately 6 double-spaced and typed pages (1,250 words), using proper research techniques and following proper standard MLA guidelines.
- Include 4 to 7 relevant, quality sources in your works cited page.
- Revise to ensure appropriate development with specific attention to cohesion, support, and organization.
- Revise to include varied, interesting, and accurate sentences and word choices.
- Identify the common grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors in an essay and apply the rules of correction to effectively edit.
OWL Online Writing Lab Resources
he Purdue OWL also offers a number of other resources on choosing and developing a topic:
- Understanding Writing Assignments
- Starting the Writing Process
- Invention Slide Presentation
esearch Paper Project – Step 1: Choosing a Topi
For this lesson, you need to choose a topic for your research paper. As discussed in the lesson presentation, choose a specific topic.
Thinking about the broad topics that you’re interested in is a great way to choose a specific topic, as we’ve seen with this example. To brainstorm specific topics, choose one or more of the pre-writing activities discussed in the lesson. For example, if you’re interested in computers, start brainstorming ways that computers are used like in this