- Defend the claim that bone is a living organ.
- Describe the different functions of the skeletal system.
- Differentiate between the structural components and overall functions of the axial and appendicular skeletons.
- Compare and contrast the structure and function of the upper limbs to the lower limbs.
- Explain how the pectoral and pelvic girdles serve as attachment points for the appendicular skeleton to the axial skeleton. Specify the points of attachment for the appendages and include why the structure of each aids in its unique function for the skeleton.
- Explain how and why the pelvic girdles of females differ from those in males.
- Differentiate between true ribs, false ribs, and floating ribs.