1.A minimum of 10 references from reputable sources.
2.Proper APA format for each reference
3.A short summary (one or two sentences) for each source
4.A short description (one or two sentences) of how you plan on using the source in your final persuasive research essay.
For this assignment, an annotated bibliography consists of three parts:
1) A list of all the sources you’ve either used or consulted, like for background information, in the writing of your research essay
2) A brief summary of each source, like an abstract.
3) A brief description of how or why you plan on using each particular source in your final persuasive research essay.
See the example attached for format guidance.
The purpose of the annotated bibliography is to demonstrate not only research skill, but to show others the variety and relevance of all sources consulted or used. These types of documents help to establish an author’s credibility as an expert on his or her essay’s topic.
Finally, source reputability is very important for this assignment and for research writing in general. If you use as source that does not come from a reputable publication it will not be counted toward your minimum of ten.
In order for an annotated bibliography to earn an “A” it must:
Provide references in proper APA format
Include a minimum of ten sources from reputable locations
Include concise, well-written summaries of each source.
Include clear descriptions of how or why you plan on using each of those sources in your final persuasive research essay.
Produce a document with few to no minor grammatical and punctuation errors
Learning Outcomes Met:
• Identify scholarly articles and journals. Know the difference between primary and secondary sources, and scholarly journals and magazines or other non-academic sources.
• Use library databases and services to obtain sources to complete the project.
• Assess sources for usability and credibility.
• Read, analyze, synthesize, and summarize complex sources, challenging the assumptions, evidence, and fairness of the content. (Partially met.)
• Create an annotated working bibliography.
Drafting and Editing/Revising Phases:
• Use appropriate tone, level of formality, person, and tense