Find the CAFR for the City of Miami, Florida for the year ended September 30th, 2016. The link for this CAFR can be found in this module. Note – this is not Miami Beach, Fl.
- (1) Was the entity’s annual report for the previous year awarded a “certificate of achievement for excellence in financial reporting” by the GFOA?
- (2) Which public accounting firm audited the financial statements?
- (3) How many Governmental Funds are presented as major funds on the financial statements (even if they did not technically meet the major fund criteria)?
- (4) What is the total assets amount (in thousands) on the Governmental Funds balance sheet (include both major and non-major funds)?
- (5) For Governmental Funds, what activity accounted for the largest source of revenue (found on the “Statement of Revenues, Expenditures and Changes in Fund Balance”)?
- (6) Are any special revenue funds categorized as major Governmental Funds?
- (7) How many Governmental Funds in total (major and non major) does the city maintain?
- (8) Does the city have any permanent funds?
- (9) Who was the largest employer of the entity?
- (10) What was the Total Fund Balance on the Governmental Funds Balance Sheet (This is the sum of nonspendable, restricted, committed, assigned, and unassigned fund balances)?